Make Every Moment Matter…With Homestead Hospice
Homestead Hospice care is about making every moment count. Focusing on quality of life, treating the person rather than the disease. Providing tailored services that treat the mind, body and spirit in the comfort of the patient’s place of residence, so they can embrace life with family and friends. Being committed to staying by the patient and family’s side throughout life’s most important journey.
Homestead Hospice offers unique programs like Care Beyond Cancer and proactive Crisis Care©, which are designed to enhance the patient's and caregiver's awareness of what to expect and proactively prepare them for possible disease-specific symptoms.
The Homestead interdisciplinary team of professionals will work to provide physical, clinical, emotional and spiritual support that enables the patient and their family to spend quality time together. This team of professionals not only provides traditional medical care, but also holistic therapies to ensure the patient's quality of life is comfortable and pain-free.
Homestead’s Team, Program and Services
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse (RN) & Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Social Worker
- Bereavement & Grief
- Holistic therapies through Nurturing Arts program
- We Honor Veterans program
- Palliative Care
- Respite Care
- Disease specific: Care Beyond Cancer
- Homestead Crisis Care program
- Symptom Management Pathway for Crisis©
- Transitional Care for hospital discharge
- Watch List
- Medical equipment and nursing supplies
- 24/7 hospice telecare
What is Hospice?
Hospice is available to the patient when curative measures have been exhausted and life prognosis is six months or less. Hospice is not a place, it is a service that:
- Addresses the patient’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- Provides assistance to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Takes place in the patient’s home or in a home-like setting
- Concentrates on managing a patient’s pain and other symptoms so that they may live comfortaby as possible and make the most of the time that remains
- Believes the quality of life to be as important as the length of life
Benefits of Hospice
Hospice care is valuable in countless ways when encountering a life-limiting illness. Patients and families can stay together in a familiar environment, while a hospice team of professionals’ care for a loved one. A customized plan of care will provide the support and guidance for the patient’s specific needs. Hospice services include the delivery of equipment, supplies, and medications in addition to physical, emotional and psychosocial care. Homestead provides around-the-clock care, so the caregiver can rest assured that knowing help is just a phone call away. It is important to know that you’re not alone during this difficult time, and Homestead respects the patient and family wishes and accommodates accordingly.
Homestead is here to serve youto provide provide compassionate, comfort care. Click here to find an office close to you.
Check Homestead list of criteria to see if your loved one qualifies for hospice care.